The Princess Bride


I still enjoyed reading a good book once in a while, after I've gotten an idea about the story of course. Yet, I was disappointed because the funny lines were'nt there. Inconceivable! The story of Princess Buttercup and her true love Westley and their adventures is fun, of course, and wonderfully whimsical and inventive, but it has less heart than the movie version. Okay enough of the comparison. Overall, I'll just say that The Princess Bride is one of the most romantic stories ever written and definitely the most charming! It made me realize about the saying, "You don't know what 'true love' is until you lose it." And then you'll want to give up everything just to have it back with you for any fraction of a second. Best part of the film which I didn't find in the book: Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father. Prepare to die! My rating for The princess bride is 3 bookmarks out of 5 bookmarks.

1 comment: