Themes


August was more of the Narrative Mode month, where the narrator is the actual character in the story. To explain better;  the story is relayed by a narrator who is also a character within the story, so that the narrator reveals the plot by referring to this viewpoint character as "I". Example of the books I've read where the storyteller is always the first-person: Careful What You Wish For, Would You, Simmer Down, The Manolo Matrix, Shadowland, Red Blooded Murder and Winter Rose. And last month, my theme was simple: September Chick-Lit; a genre fiction which addresses issues of modern womanhood, often humorously and lightheartedly. Those I really enjoyed were:  Love The One You're With, Remember Me, Spying In High Heels, Who's That Girl & LA Candy. For this month, I call it October Duos, where I'm gonna read either anthologies, bundles or those that has Book 1 & Book 2. I've already started with Irish Girls About Town,  and have started the 2 Darkwing Chronicles (Beyond The Pale & Past Redemption.) Hopefully next week, I'll be able to start the Riley Bloom series (Radiance & Shimmer) and then the Donovan Legacies (by Nora Roberts). Oh this is gonna be an exciting month. Hope I would be able to stay true to my themed reading. Have a nice weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment